Although it may not feel like it with this snowy weather, Spring has officially sprung at the Jersey Shore. With the spring season among us, many of you may be itching to start your deep spring-cleaning and get your home spotless. Unsure of where to start? We’ve got you covered with a room-by-room checklist that will help you finish in no time.
- Remove everything from the cabinets and give them a good wipe down inside and out with your favorite cleaner or warm water with vinegar. While your dishes are out decide which ones to keep and which ones are just taking up space. For the ones that are taking up space, donate them!
- Remove and wash all light covers.
- Clean behind any large appliances that will roll away from the wall.
- Clean out the fridge and throw away any old food. Wipe down all shelves and take out drawers to wash with warm soap and water.
- Turn the self-cleaner on in your oven and give it a good wipe down. Tape off all knobs and clean in between those as well.
- Clean the microwave inside and out.
- Remove silverware and other small items from drawers. Wipe out and return items to area.
- Wipe down baseboards.
- Clean the floors and if you have tile, give the grout a good scrubbing.
- Dust, Dust, Dust….
- Picture Frames
- Cable Boxes, DVD Players and any other small appliances
- Ceiling Fans
- Light Fixtures
- All tables
- Vacuum the whole couch and chairs by taking off cushions and vacuuming underneath. If your cushion covers are removable throw them in the wash.
- Move all furniture and vacuum underneath.
- Shake out and vacuum all area rugs.
- Wipe down baseboards with a simple wood cleaner solution.
- Dust all of the furniture
- Vacuum under the bed and flip your mattress.
- Take off all sheets, blankets and mattress covers and wash.
- Wipe down all baseboards.
- Dust and wipe down ceiling fans
- Purge through your closet and dresser drawers and make a pile to take to goodwill.
- Dust and clean all pictures and décor.
- Shampoo all carpets.
- Deep clean the shower and tub with bleach. Give it a good scrubbing!
- Clean and polish all fixtures such as: shower head, facet knobs, etc.
- Take off the shower curtain and wash in the washer machine. Replace the liner.
- Deep clean your toilet with bleach. Wipe down in side and out and don’t forget to clean the back.
- Clean out under the sink and all drawers in your vanity. Throw out any old, unused products.
- Windex all mirrors.
- Clean all rungs and toilet covers in the washer machine
- Mop floors and scrub grout.
- Take all toys out of bins and soak in a solution of bleach and water.
- Go through all toys and donate any unused items
- Shampoo and vacuum all rugs
- Wipe down baseboards
- Clean all light fixtures and fans
- Dust and wipe down all small electronics